Traveling to Madison County
Madison County is approximately 4 hours north of Salt Lake City, UT; and 4 hours South of Bozeman, MT. Rexburg can be reached via I-15 from Idaho Falls by taking US Hwy 20, and from the north via I-15 and Idaho Hwy 33.
The Idaho Transportation Department will resurface several sections of I-15 between the Utah and Montana borders. Nine projects will be underway in 2017.
- I-15 will be reduced to one lane in each direction in project areas.
- Interchange ramps and shoulders will be closed occasionally.
- Speed limits will be reduced
To help you drive through construction, please:
- PLAN EXTRA TIME to travel through the construction zones.
- PAY ATTENTION to signage and changing traffic patterns.
- SLOW DOWN as speed limits will be reduced.
*PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE TO MADISON COUNTY THE MORNING OF THE ECLIPSE. THIS COULD CAUSE ROAD DELAYS AND POSSIBLE CLOSURE, PREVENTING MANY FROM VIEWING THE ECLIPSE IN THEIR INTENDED LOCATION. PLAN TO ARRIVE THE DAY/NIGHT BEFORE OR EARLIER IF POSSIBLE.